Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog of plants! You'll find a list of herbaceous plants that I've encountered and learned about during my studies at Virginia Tech, in the order I learned them by list. You'll find great photos of herbaceous plants, their names and families, and details of where I found them. All photos have been taken by myself. Feel free to click on them for enlargement. May this blog be of benefit to thee!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ajuga reptans, Ajuga/Bugleweed, Lamiaceae


Genus and species:  Ajuga reptans
Common Name: Ajuga or Bugleweed
Family Name: Lamiaceae

This is a classic tough groundcover. It takes part to full shade and blooms dark sock-puppet like purple flowers in the spring. The stems are square, the leaves are opposite, and this plant also comes in a variegated form.

Photos taken April 4, 2012 at Virginia Tech in the Hahn Horticulture Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment