Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog of plants! You'll find a list of herbaceous plants that I've encountered and learned about during my studies at Virginia Tech, in the order I learned them by list. You'll find great photos of herbaceous plants, their names and families, and details of where I found them. All photos have been taken by myself. Feel free to click on them for enlargement. May this blog be of benefit to thee!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Narcissus hybrids, Daffodil, Amaryllidaceae

Genus and species:  
Narcissus hybrids
Common Name: Daffodil
Family Name: Amarylidaceae

They are what they are :) Coming in a yellow and yellow/orange combination, the main identifying feature is the shape, texture, and size of the trumpet to the flower petals.

Photo taken March 14, 2012 at Virginia Tech in the Hahn Horticulture Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment