Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog of plants! You'll find a list of herbaceous plants that I've encountered and learned about during my studies at Virginia Tech, in the order I learned them by list. You'll find great photos of herbaceous plants, their names and families, and details of where I found them. All photos have been taken by myself. Feel free to click on them for enlargement. May this blog be of benefit to thee!

Friday, October 7, 2011

Alocasia species & hybrids, Upright Elephant Ears, Araceae

Genus and species: Alocasia species & hybrids
Common name: Upright Elephant Ears
Family: Araceae
Zone: 7b, 8

Compared to Taro, as an I.D. feature, this plant has upright leaves. The stem is closer to the cleft and foliage. It does well in the shade and does not like standing water!

Photos taken August 31, 2011 at Virginia Tech in the Hahn Horticulture Gardens




No comments:

Post a Comment