Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog of plants! You'll find a list of herbaceous plants that I've encountered and learned about during my studies at Virginia Tech, in the order I learned them by list. You'll find great photos of herbaceous plants, their names and families, and details of where I found them. All photos have been taken by myself. Feel free to click on them for enlargement. May this blog be of benefit to thee!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cosmos sulphureus, Sulphur Cosmos or Orange Cosmos, Asteraceae

Genus and species: Cosmos sulphureus
Common Name: Sulphur Cosmos or Orange Cosmos
Family: Asteraceae

This plant is an annual and is easy to grow from seed. The foliage is kinda ferny. The flowers may be double or single petaled depending on the cultivar and have a cluster of stamens.

Photos taken August 31, 2011 at Virginia Tech in the Hahn Horticulture Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment