Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog of plants! You'll find a list of herbaceous plants that I've encountered and learned about during my studies at Virginia Tech, in the order I learned them by list. You'll find great photos of herbaceous plants, their names and families, and details of where I found them. All photos have been taken by myself. Feel free to click on them for enlargement. May this blog be of benefit to thee!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pleioblastus viridistriatus, Dwarf Variegated Bamboo, Poaceae

Genus and species: Pleioblastus viridistriatus
Common Name: Dwarf Variegated Bamboo
Family Name: Poaceae
Zone: 7-10

This grass is a variegated, clumping, compact bamboo that grows about 4'-5' tall. 

Photos taken September 17, 2011 at Virginia Tech in the Hahn Horticulture Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment