Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog of plants! You'll find a list of herbaceous plants that I've encountered and learned about during my studies at Virginia Tech, in the order I learned them by list. You'll find great photos of herbaceous plants, their names and families, and details of where I found them. All photos have been taken by myself. Feel free to click on them for enlargement. May this blog be of benefit to thee!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Silphium perfoliatum, Cup Plant or Rosinweed, Asteraceae

Genus and species: Silphium perfoliatum
Common Name: Cup Plant or Rosinweed
Family: Asteraceae

Native to North America, this summer perennial is ginormous! It towers over the tallest of humans and flops over with time. It has huge square stems and is great for kids in the garden :)

Photos taken August 24, 2011 at Virginia Tech in the Hahn Horticulture Gardens








No comments:

Post a Comment