Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog of plants! You'll find a list of herbaceous plants that I've encountered and learned about during my studies at Virginia Tech, in the order I learned them by list. You'll find great photos of herbaceous plants, their names and families, and details of where I found them. All photos have been taken by myself. Feel free to click on them for enlargement. May this blog be of benefit to thee!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Yucca filamentosa, Yucca or Adam's Needle, Agavaceae

Genus and species: Yucca filamentosa
Common Name: Yucca or Adam's Needle
Family Name: Agavaceae
Zone:4-9

This plant likes full sun but can tolerate part-shade. It likes well-drained soil. It grows to be about 2'-3' in height and width and is a clump full of glaucous evergreen foliage which threads at the edges. This plant also blooms white flowers on 3'-8' stems in July-August.

Photos taken September 17, 2011 at Virginia Tech in the Hahn Horticulture Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment